Once safe drinking water has been provided, the healthy living conditions of the public can best be ensured by the provision of effective and reliable sewerage networks. The control of pollution of surface and groundwater sources is achieved by the provision of associated treatment plants to deal with domestic and industrial wastewater.
Control of the discharge of rainwater is also a very important issue in urban areas to ensure safety to people and minimise damage to the environment and infrastructure facilities after heavy rain. Re-use of grey water for irrigation purposes is also considered during the conceptual planning and design phase. This also serves to reduce the hydraulic load of the units of the treatment plant.
SRP Albanian Engineering shpk offers his services related to Sewerage in the following fields of expertise:
- Basic investigations, including Feasibility Studies and Environmental Impact Assessments
- Wastewater Network Systems
- Leak Detection Programmes
- Pumping Stations and other related structures
- Wastewater Treatment, including reuse of effluent
- Sludge Treatment and Energy Generation
- Sludge Disposal, including reuse of sludge
- Drainage Network Systems
SRP AE puts great emphasis on a complete and detailed investigation of the present conditions at site before taking any further step in the project execution. A careful review of existing documents and assessment of design criteria is prepared and this forms the basis for successful project implementation.
Basic options for the wastewater network, such as centralised/decentralised systems, separate/combined systems are to be defined. The Consultant investigates the existing network facilities and the conditions before defining the necessary rehabilitation and extension measures. Calculations of the entire wastewater network are made with common modelling software packages in order to guarantee necessary discharge. Hydraulic modelling is applied from the house connections via the network and transmission main, lifting and pumping stations (if any) to the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
These works are accompanied where necessary by geotechnical investigations and surveying works.
SRP AE gained great experience and reputation acting as leading engineer in the design of domestic and industrial wastewater treatment plants in Germany and abroad. Various plants, from natural pond systems, mechanical-biological wastewater treatment plants to advanced nitrification, denitrification and phosphorus elimination have been designed and supervised during construction and commissioning.
The Consultant analyses the specific institutional, legal and environmental restrictions and the financial and social boundary conditions of the project area. Based on these circumstances and considering the international but also the local regulations and codes, the Consultant designs and proposes to the beneficiary the most technically adapted and economic solution.
All sludge arising from the treatment process has to be treated and disposed of in an ecologically friendly and non-polluting manner. Prior to disposal, the sludge has to be reduced in volume and/or treated using sludge thickening, anaerobic / aerobic stabilisation, dewatering by press, centrifuge and/or by sludge drying beds. In this context, the use of biogas with combined heat and power system units are considered. It is most important to provide a comprehensive and economical sludge concept presenting alternatives for the disposal or use of stabilised sludge, for example in agriculture.
SRPAE pays particular attention to the discharge and possible use of rainwater in urban and industrial areas. Discharge needs to be controlled and the necessary structures provided (e.g. retention basins, bypasses) to ensure public safety and the minimization of damage to the environment and infrastructure facilities. Surface water easily overloads the hydraulic capacity of treatment plants and combined network systems. On the other hand, this water can be used for irrigation purposes. All these influences have to be determined in detail, also considering the capital investment of these measures and the principal needs defined by the Beneficiary.
Our Portfolio on Sewerage
- The construction/reconstruction of the Sewerage Network of the wastewater from Lungomare to city of Vlora
- Gjilan Wastewater Development Project
- Studim Projektim i Rrjetit të Kanalizimeve të Qytetit të Kukësit dhe të Zonave Informale, Bashkia Elbasan
- Preparation of a Feasibility Study for the Project Sewage Disposal Kosovo I/II
- Preparation of the Feasibility Study and detail design for Sewerage Network of the City Of Kavaja
- DETAILED DESIGN OF THE SEWAGE SYSTEM FOR BELSH CITY, HYSAJ
- University Hospital Würzburg; 6. TBM – Development North-East Reconstruction of the Supply and Disposal Lines, Germany
- Consulting Services for Off-Site and On-Site Infrastructure for Jenin Industrial Free Zone
- Municipal Infrastructure Program (MIP)II, Phase 3 – Armenia Water Supply and Sewerage for Lori and Nor Akunq Cities